After An abortion - After Termination of Pregnancy
- You have to drink a lot of fluids including water to replenish your body.
- You have to make sure you have recovered fully so get a few days leave.
- Eat healthy food and take vitamins and get a lot of rest
- If you see something unusual go to the nearest hospital immediately
- Do not exercise for two weeks
- No swimming or tub baths for 2 weeks
- Don't lift heavy things, keep clear of hard work
- Do not insert anything in your vagina for up to a month no sex, no tampons, no douches.
- You can ovulate as soon as two weeks after an abortion, which means yes, you could get pregnant again within two weeks after an abortion!
- Do not have unprotected sex again as you will conceive again and go through this process all over again. Do not allow your partner to pressurize you into unprotected sex.
- For women who had an abortion for maternal health reasons, or for a poor prenatal diagnosis, consult your doctor about birth control and future pregnancies.
Can We Help You?
061 067 4116